support allows for indexing and searching of
non-English text, including every character set
supported by the Unicode standard.
addition to Unicode support, dtSearch offers
extensive alphabet customization options.
- See Unicode
FAQ for more technical information.
- For a general Unicode overview, see Unicode and Text Retrieval white paper.
following search options work automatically on
text in any language: fuzzy (adjustable
from 0 to 10); natural
language with automatic relevancy-ranking; variable
term weighting; phrase; boolean (and/or/not); proximity and
directed proximity; wildcard; macro; numeric
range; and fielded
data (alone or combined with full-text searching).
also forensics search
Language Extension Packs
- Supplementing the dtSearch product line’s built-in Unicode support, dtSearch’s UK distributor (www.dtsearch.co.uk) provides Language Extension Packs covering expanded international language noise word lists, stemming rules and synonym rings.
- The dtSearch product line includes an English language noise word list and stemming rules (to find words such as learn, learned, learns, learning, etc. that are linguistically related). The Language Extension Packs provide noise word lists and stemming rules covering over 25 different languages.
- The dtSearch product line includes an English language thesaurus for synonyms and related words, with an option to add custom user-defined synonym rings. The Language Extension Packs also offer a User Thesaurus Plus feature covering pre-defined synonym rings in various international languages.
dtSearch Corp. can add the Language Extension Packs onto a signed dtSearch developer license. Please contact
dtSearch for details. Both packages may also be licensed directly from www.dtsearch.co.uk.
information on the Language
Chinese, Japanese and Korean Text With No Word Breaks
- Some Chinese, Japanese, and Korean text does not include word breaks. Instead, the text appears as lines of characters with no spaces between the words.
- Because there are no spaces separating the words on each line, dtSearch sees each line of text as a single long word.
- To make this type of text searchable, enable automatic insertion of word breaks around Chinese, Japanese, and Korean characters, so each character will be treated as single word.
- dtSearch Desktop/Network: In Options > Preferences > Letters and Words, check the box to “Insert word breaks between Chinese, Japanese, and Korean characters in text.”
- dtSearch Developer API: set dtsoTfAutoBreakCJK in Options.TextFlags.
Language Analyzer API Integration
- In addition to the extensive alphabet customization options available across the dtSearch product line, the dtSearch Engine also includes a Language
Analyzer API that can be used to integrate morphological analyzers and custom or dictionary-based word breakers into the dtSearch Engine indexing process.
- The dtSearch Engine also includes an API for substituting a non-English language thesaurus for the existing English-language one.
Basis Technology’s Rosette® Linguistics Platform Integration
- The Rosette Linguistics Platform helps unlock the meaning of unstructured text by determining the language, and identifying the basic linguistic features and structure. Relying on code that is unique to each particular language, Rosette results in highly accurate Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other international language morphological analysis.
- The Rosette Linguistics Platform integrates with dtSearch search functionality through the dtSearch Engine’s Language Analyzer API. Essentially, the dtSearch Engine API passes blocks of Unicode text to the Rosette Linguistics Platform and accepts back words to index.
- For more details on how the two products work together, including a chart detailing the different steps involved in the dtSearch Engine and Rosette API integration, please see dtSearch and Rosette Full-Featured International Search PDF white paper.