dtSearch Web with Spider
dtSearch Engine for Win & .NET
dtSearch Engine for Linux
dtSearch Engine for Mac OS X beta
dtSearch Engine for Android beta
dtSearch Engine for UWP beta
- dtSearch Web with Spider — Add instant, concurrent searching of terabytes of static and dynamic online data. dtSearch Web includes HTML5 templates for publishing instantly searchable data to an Internet or Intranet site, all with no programming required. The Spider can expand the scope of a site's searchable database to include other remote web data. Online demo
- dtSearch Engine (all versions) — Add dtSearch’s proven “industrial-strength” searching and broad data support to your application. SDKs include native 64-bit and 32-bit APIs for .NET, C++ and Java; .NET Spider API. See also developer tutorials (I-Programmer, CodeProject). Document filters also available for separate OEM licensing.
- Following are some key dtSearch developer product line features:
- Terabyte Indexer. dtSearch enterprise and developer products can index over a terabyte of text in a single index, spanning multiple directories, emails and attachments, online data and other databases. The products can create and search any number of indexes. Indexed search time is typically less than a second, even across terabytes of data.
- Concurrent, Multithreaded Searching. dtSearch developer products provide efficient multihreaded searching, with no limit on the number of concurrent search threads. For online search, the products can run in a completely stateless manner, making it very easy to scale. A “success story” from Intel® describes dtSearch’s “perfect score” for high-volume web-based concurrent searching:
The dtSearch Engine multi-threaded indexed search demo achieved 100 percent parallel time in the Intel Concurrency Checker test, indicating full optimization for multi-core hardware ... The relationship between Intel and dtSearch stretches back a number of years ... [and] generates synergies that deliver excellent performance and other benefits to end-customers, including internal customers at Intel. Full write-up
- Federated Searching and the dtSearch Spider. dtSearch products provide federated search across any number of directories, emails (with nested attachments), and databases. The dtSearch Spider adds local and remote online content to a search. The Spider can index sites to any level of depth, with support for public and secure online content, including log-ins and forms-based authentication. dtSearch products provide integrated relevancy ranking with highlighted hits across both online and offline data.
- 25+ Search Options and International Language Support. The dtSearch product line offers over 25 search types, including special forensics search options. For international language coverage, dtSearch products support Unicode, including support for right-to-left languages, and special Chinese/Japanese/Korean character options.
- Faceted Search and Other Data Classification Options. The dtSearch Engine developer APIs support categorization based on document full-text contents, internal document metadata, database content, or data attributes associated with documents during document indexing. The dtSearch Engine has APIs for other advanced data classification options as well, such as faceted search and full-text and/or fielded data positive and negative variable term weighting. See "Databases" section of selected articles by subject for details on database indexing, faceted searching, document classification and other topics. Also available developer tutorials ranging from basic SQL indexing to advanced faceted searching.
- Document Filters and Supported Data Types. dtSearch’s proprietary document filters support a broad range of document types, emails and attachments, databases and other online data. For all supported data types, the document filters further support browser display with highlighted hits. Document filters are also available for separate licensing across all platforms (see below).
- SDKs and Platforms. SDKs (with native 64-bit builds) include the dtSearch Engine for Win & .NET and the dtSearch Engine for Linux. Also available: the dtSearch Engine for Mac OS X, the dtSearch Engine for Android (developer tutorial) and the dtSearch Engine for UWP (developer tutorial) in beta. APIs include .NET, C++ and Java. For Microsoft Azure, the dtSearch Engine can run online with searching via Microsoft's RemoteApp, giving search the “look and feel” of a native application running under Windows, Android, iOS or OS X.
- dtSearch Web with Spider. dtSearch Web runs on an IIS web server, and includes HTML5 templates for publishing instantly searchable data to an Internet or Intranet site. The product also includes a built-in Spider to expand the scope of a searchable database to cover other remote web data. Online demo
The Smart Choice for Text Retrieval® since 1991.
Product line reviews; developer case studies