All Programmer Tutorials and White Papers
dtSearch is pleased to announce the release of version 7.75 of the dtSearch product line.
PDF Hit-Highlighting Plug-In
dtSearch Desktop/Network Upgrades
Developer (dtSearch Web/Publish/Engine) Upgrades
- The upgrade is free for all licensed dtSearch Desktop/Network 7.x customers.
- To obtain the upgrade, run dtSearch Desktop and click Help > Check for Updates > Check Now.
- You can also download version 7.75 here (no password required).
- dtSearch developer licenses by default include one year of support and upgrades. Only dtSearch developer customers who are current for support and upgrades are licensed to download and use the new version.
- If you are current on support and upgrades, you can download the new version
here. An installation password is required; please contact dtSearch if you need the password.
- If you are not current on support and upgrades, please add an additional year of support and upgrades before downloading. Please visit our upgrade store to renew a basic license, or contact dtSearch to renew a signed license. (dtSearch Engine for Linux users, please contact dtSearch to renew your license.)
- For any questions on your renewal status or the scope of your license, please contact dtSearch.
dtSearch® Release Offers New HTML5 Templates for Easy
Online Publishing of Terabytes of Data, With Instant Search
Release also expands dtSearch’s document filters; available with dtSearch searching and for separate OEM licensing, the filters support a wide range of data types
March 25, 2013 – dtSearch Corp., a leading supplier of document filters and general enterprise and developer text retrieval software for instantly searching terabytes of data, announces version 7.75 of its product line.
The release includes new HTML5 templates for publishing instantly searchable data to an Internet or Intranet site through dtSearch Web with Spider. dtSearch Web is an easy, no-programming-required solution for enabling instant, concurrent searching of terabytes of static and dynamic online data, including highlighted hits and dozens of other search options. The release also offers the same HTML5 templates for dtSearch Publish, for quick publishing of instantly searchable data to portable media.
In addition, the release expands dtSearch’s proprietary document filters. The document filters cover parsing, indexing, searching and display with highlighted hits of a large variety of data formats. All dtSearch’s “off the shelf” products (dtSearch Web with Spider, dtSearch Publish, dtSearch Desktop with Spider and dtSearch Network with Spider) embed the document filters. dtSearch’s programmer products, the dtSearch Engine for Win & .NET and the dtSearch Engine for Linux, also make available the document filters, both with dtSearch searching, as well as for separate OEM licensing.
Supported data types. dtSearch support covers full-text and metadata display with highlighted hits; where indicated, support also covers integrated images along with text.
Terabyte Indexer. dtSearch enterprise and developer products can index over a terabyte of text in a single index, spanning multiple directories, emails and attachments, online data and other databases. The products can create and search any number of indexes. Indexed search time is typically less than a second, even across terabytes of data. The product line also supports highly concurrent, multithreaded searching for online and other shared access repositories.
- Web-ready static and dynamic content: support covers integrated image and text support in HTML, XML/XSL, PDF, ASP.NET, PHP, SharePoint, etc.
- Other databases: support covers XML, Access, XBASE, CSV, etc.; dtSearch Engine APIs support SQL-type data along with the full-text of BLOB data.
- MS Office formats: support covers integrated browser-ready image and text support in Word (RTF/DOC/DOCX), PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX), Excel (XLS/XLSX), Access (MDB/ACCDB) and OneNote (ONE).
- PDF, other “Office” documents, compression formats: support covers PDF with integrated image and text support, OpenOffice, RAR, ZIP, GZIP/TAR, etc.
- Emails and attachments: support covers integrated browser-ready image and text support — plus support for attachments — in Outlook/Exchange (PST/MSG) and Thunderbird (MBOX/EML).
- Recursively embedded objects: support covers recursively embedded objects and images in supported email types and MS Office formats. For example, the dtSearch document filters would support an email attachment consisting of a ZIP container including both a PDF and an Access database, where the latter also includes an embedded PowerPoint with embedded images.
Federated Searching and the dtSearch Spider. dtSearch products offer federated searching across any number of directories, emails (with nested attachments), and databases. The dtSearch Spider adds local and remote, static and dynamic online content to a search. The Spider can index sites to any level of depth, with support for public and private or secure online content, including log-ins and forms-based authentication. dtSearch products support integrated relevancy ranking with highlighted hits across both online and offline data repositories.
Faceted Search and Other Data Classification Options. The dtSearch Engine supports categorization based on document full-text contents, internal document metadata, database content, or data attributes associated with documents during document indexing. Advanced data classification options include faceted search and full-text and/or fielded data positive and negative variable term weighting.
25+ Search Options and International Language Support. The dtSearch product line offers 25+ search types, including special forensics search options. dtSearch products provide Unicode support for international language text, including support for right-to-left languages, and special Chinese/Japanese/Korean character options.
Developer SDKs. The dtSearch Engine for Win & .NET and the dtSearch Engine for Linux make available dtSearch instant searching and document filters (both together with searching as well as available for separate licensing) for a wide range of Internet, Intranet and other commercial applications. SDKs include native 64-bit and 32-bit C++, Java and .NET (through current versions) APIs. For over a hundred developer case studies, please see www.dtsearch.com/casestudies.html.
# # #
About dtSearch, www.dtsearch.com
The Smart Choice for Text Retrieval® since 1991, dtSearch has provided enterprise and developer text retrieval along with document filters for 23 years. The company offers parsing, extraction, conversion and searching of a broad spectrum of data formats. Supported data types encompass databases, static and dynamic website data, popular “Office” formats, compression formats and emails (including the full-text of nested attachments). The dtSearch product line includes enterprise and developer text search products, meeting some of the largest-capacity text retrieval needs in the world. dtSearch products have received hundreds of excellent case studies and press reviews. (Please see www.dtsearch.com for these.) The company has distributors worldwide, including coverage on six continents. For more information, or to download fully-functional evaluations, please call 1-800-IT-FINDS (or 301/263-0731), email email@example.com, or visit www.dtsearch.com.